Friday, February 19, 2010

Driving with idiots...

Well, I'm back safe and sound! No thanks to some of the folks I shared the road with.

First, I want to bid a hearty good night to Mr. Avenger. I don't know why you latched onto my tail just outside Paducah, KY or why you felt the need to follow within 5 feet of the back bumper of my rental car for nearly two hours. I do know it was very disconcerting, and I was SO happy when you suddenly peeled off and latched onto that passing semi. So happy, in fact, that I immediately peeled off an exit myself and purchased a McDonalds Diet Coke to toast your safe journey!

Second, the bobbing twins. Two white cars. One, a 2009 Impala. The other, a late model Acura. The Impala was going exactly 70mph (cruise control is awesome, eh?) while the Acura was moving at a whopping 71mph.

The pass started just south of Nashville, TN. If it hadn't been for the State Trooper that slowed everyone down to 60mph about 20 miles later they would have completed the pass before the State Line, I'm sure. AS it was, they actually completed the pass 2 miles into Alabama.

Other than that, it was just your normal collection of people driving with distractions or to much fatigue, doing some very stupid and dangerous things.

Thankfully, God protected me as he has done so many times and the trip ended successfully with my rented 2010 Dodge Charger safely in the Enterprise lot and me safely home.

Business travel is SO much fun! Next time, I think I'll fly....

No comments:

Post a Comment